World-Class Residential Water Softeners
Water softeners help to increase the lifespan of your plumbing and your clothes, as well as reducing your household budget. A Kinestico water softener will provide your family with abundant clean, soft water on demand. From multitank systems powered by the energy of moving water to a more traditional approach, Kinetico creates over 30 models to choose from. We have also received the Consumer Digest Best Buy award on several of our water softeners.
What is a water softener?
A water softener removes the minerals that cause water to be hard. When water contains calcium and magnesium it is called hard water. Hard water can create several problems throughout your home. Hard water can clog pipes, prevent soap and detergent from dissolving, and leave behind water spots. It creates a scale buildup inside your pipes and appliances reducing the efficiency of your home.
How do they work?
When hard water passes through the home water softener’s resin bed, calcium and magnesium are removed through an ion exchange process, so only softened water passes through. Once the resin bed fills up with hardness ions, it must be cleaned. Salt is typically used in the cleaning process and restores the resin to a “clean” state so the ion exchange process can begin again.
What are the benefits?
- Cleaner silverware, glassware, mirrors, tiles, cars, and plumbing fixtures.
- Softer skin and hair.
- Reduced soap scum.
- Easier cleaning and housework.
- More efficient use of cleaning products, soaps and shampoos.
- Softer clothes and longer durability of fabrics.
- Increased longevity of water appliances such as coffee, ice, dishwashers, water heaters and laundry equipment.
- Reduced costs in energy, cleaning products and appliances.