Private well issues can range from simple concerns like the presence of hard water to complex issues such as having two or three forms of iron to address.
Here are some of the most common well water concerns, all of which we offer treatments for:
- Iron: causes staining and plugged pipes, along with damaging appliances, clothing, and hair.
- Acidic water: causes corrosion to pipes and appliances.
- Hard water: causes scale buildup on fixtures, hot water tanks, and appliances.
- Hydrogen sulfur: causing a “rotten egg” smell.
- Water contamination: causes health concerns arising from human-induced contaminates, or other naturally occurring elements.
- Bacteria: present in surface water, well water, or water collected in water reservoirs.
- Tannins: tannins are decaying organic vegetation that cause discolored and poor-tasting water.
- Turbidity: cloudy or murky water caused by clay, dirt, sand, or silt.
No matter what contamination concerns you have, we will be happy to come out to test your water and determine the best course of action for your well. Because water can change seasonally or over time, we take a broad range of tests to ensure that any and all equipment being installed will adapt to changing well conditions.
We’ll provide a free, no-hassle consultation on the quality of your well water and discuss the improvements that can be made.
If you would like to have your water tested for heavy metals or other contaminants, a certified lab will need to do the testing. We are happy to collect and drop off your well water to a certified lab for a small fee.